In an Accident, What to Do?
If anyone is injured, call 911.
If nobody is hurt then call the Ottawa Police at 613-236-1222
Depending on the situation and severity of the accident the operator will advice you on how to proceed.
There are 3 collision reporting centres in Ottawa:
- 211 Huntmar Drive (Kanata)
- 474 Elgin Street (Downtown)
- 3343 St Joseph Blvd. (Orleans)
Documents Required for Ottawa Collision Reporting:
- Report Number
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Involved in Crash
- Completed PDF R7C Collision Reporting Form
Before Leaving the Scene of an Accident in Ottawa:
- Get the other drivers contact information:
- Drivers license (number, class, name)
- Ownership of vehicle (license plate, make, model, year, owner’s name)
- Policy number of insurance
Towing Ottawa Other Services
If this is not an emergency then you can submit a form and we will contact you and answer any questions you may have about scrap metal prices, vehicle transportation or other assistance you require.
Were you in a wreck?
Most of our customers have a perfect driving record and have never been in an accident. Don’t know how to find a mechanic? We can help. Don’t know how to contact your insurance broker? We can help. Don’t know what comes next? We can help. We know this is a stressful, costly and even dangerous time.
Our friendly and helpful drivers have all the tools, skills and experience to safely take care of you are your vehicle.
If you are in Ottawa or Gatineau area and need a tow call TowingOttawa.ca to be connected with a licensed local towing company.